YAY we found a place to live

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

FINALLY Wayne and I found a place to live. Fitting furniture in the living room is going to be a little interesting. But Wayne has an autocad program and he has it all worked out. We won't be able to use our diningroom table so we will have to store that, but that's ok we have a furnace room that's great for storage and a storage room. We also won't have a kitchen table for a while since we don't really want to spend the money on that right away. It's a two bedroom, bottom apartment. The building houses an optical place, there is a lady with two daughters above who has lived there for 5 years and the lady downstairs has been there for more then 10 and the only reason she's moving out is that there are about 7 stairs down to the apartment and she's had a hip replacement. The area where the door is and the stairs down is a perfect place that gets morning sunlight which is perfect for all our plants. The lady moving out is selling her washer and dryer for $250 and they are only 3 years old, so we are definately going to take that. The price is good and I feel really good about it. So now we can tell the SIL and BIL that they can change their closing date if they want and they can get off our backs. *big sigh of relief*

Wayne mom is on assistance and because of her health and such she qualifies for low income housing, which will help her get into a place that she can live in. Wayne has been seriously worried about something all night and after I got him to talk to me about it... I figured out it stems from his mom. He's worried something is going to happen. I am seriously worried about her living alone with the two teenagers (Crystal is almost 19 and Tyler is 17) but unfortunantly there is nothing we can do. There is no whole duplex for rent, we can't buy a house for all of us, and we know we can't live in a house all together. We are stuck with that. But we will continue to take good care of his mom. I have stayed out of stuff thus far not wanting to create tension, I don't want to create a rift. I would like to be able to go over to their house in the future and feel comfortable... but if they start to treat her any more poorly they will see how mad I can get and I will lay into them over it.

So we move in Nov 1st. We have ALL our packing to do *eek*

That's great news for you!

Hopefully her two teenage kids will smarten up and start doing more for their mom when you all move out.

:congrats: I'm glad you guys were able to find a place before the weather gets icky :( I hope that life can be on an upward slope for you now :thumbup:

LA said:
Wayne mom is on assistance and because of her health and such she qualifies for low income housing, which will help her get into a place that she can live in. Wayne has been seriously worried about something all night and after I got him to talk to me about it... I figured out it stems from his mom. He's worried something is going to happen.
That's kind of ominous, are you worried about subsidized housing or the teens she lives with?
I don't live with teenagers, but I live in subsidized housing and I've never lived anywhere that was safer, cleaner and allowed me more spendable money after rent. I hope that can ease the worry a bit..
You can't help what you have to do sometimes. And sometimes people who rely on you for stuff survive even when you aren't able to provide that. Much as people rely on you for stuff they still have to be ultimately able to survive on their own, ya know?
You sure are a dedicated person. I sure hope Wayne knows you're a bonus not an expectation.
I hope all goes well with your changes.

Thanks guys.

Lauren - I/We are concerned because of her heart, she will be living with a 17 year old who is pretty mature but not good at dealing with his mom if something were to go wrong. And a 19 year old daughter that is barely ever home and has mental issues. At least with us we can keep an eye on her. But both Crystal and Tyler know that if something is wrong, call 911 first. You apparently get better treatment if you come in on the ambulance. This is the biggest concern, especially with the pacemaker surgery coming up and the possibility of her getting a heart transplant. I realize there is nothing we can do about this situation as we can't buy a house, finding a house big enough for all of us is really hard to come by. This is what worries us.

Back