Yay a vet trip with no bad news!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooLlama

Had to bring my Gibbles to the vet today. She's approximately 26 months old and has been very healthy her whole life minus a few URI incidents. About 2 nights ago she started acting lethargic and looking a little puffy and I made a last minute decision to take her to the vet this morning since she hasn't shown any improvement even though all 3 of my girls have been on amox and doxy for the last 5 days.

The vet said she looks great! Heart and lungs sound awesome. I was so relived since her sister recently passed from a lung issue. She prescribed her some baytril for the next 10 days. So Gibbs is separate from her buddies for now so they can stay on there antibiotics (its in their water - i know its not the best way for it to be absorbed but its working for the small amount of sneezing i was trying to fight) and she can get hers.

I'm so glad nothing major was wrong! Hopefully the baytril will knock out whatever has her down right now and she'll go back to being her crazy self!

I'd put her back with her friends, if she's not really ill then she doesn't have to be split.... water isn't a good way to give them medicine as you can't dose it properly. If you feel any of them need medicine hide it in a tiny bit of food, split the rattie from the group just long enough to eat it then they can go home, rather than splitting them :)

That is really good news that she's doing good. It seems that each time we go to the vet it's always for the worse. It's unfortunate that she can't be with her friends though as that might be very stressful on her.

Back