Xie Tang? (Chin.herbs to stop itch caused by atopic allergy)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tumbleweed

Hi :)

Does someone here knows (or has experiences with) "Xie Tang" (some Chinese herbs that should work for allergies/itch on cats, dogs and rodents), please?
http://www.petherbs.co.uk/

I did ask my vet, after someone on a ratty board pointed me to this Xie Tang. She doesn't know it, but thinks it's o.k. to give it a try, because it should be safe (herbs).
(I do find (on Dutch/Belgian boards) some good experiences/results about it for cats and dogs with allergies, but nothing about Xie Tang in rats :()

Do you think it's trustworthy?
Has anyone perhaps heard about it, or even used it for their pets?

Thanks in advance! :)

I tried looking for it online, there's not much info. The one I did find was for vertigo and dizziness.
But on the pet herbs site it sounds like it would be good.

Thanks!

Yes, on the site, it sounds good. On the Dutch site there are reviews that also sound very promising. (But I suppose they can delete negative ones, or pay people to write positive reviews as on so many sites promoting something)

I never used Chinese herbs, but some people say to watch out, because many of them would be contaminated (or something like that)?

However, I did find some good reviews on cat-forums from people who are member there, (so not some spammer, but objective reflections). And a friend on a rat forum pointed me to it, because it did work for the cat of her colleague (who is allergic for some medicins she has to take). But cats are no rats :p It seems, there are no experiences on use of Xie Tang in rats.

Can I assume, that it is safe to try, if it's used safely in cats/dogs?

Back