worst case of abuse youve ever seen

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess111rocks

mine is win i was about 11 way before i had my first rat. there was this rich brat that lived down the street from me. his parents were always drunk and never payed attetion (between you and me i think they didnt even remember buying him the rat). about a month later i heard my mom talking about how there maid discovered the cage rat dead no water
bairly any food :( . im sure yall have seen things like this before. heck most of you own rescues that deal with stuff like this everday

jess111rocks said:
mine is win i was about 11 way before i had my first rat. there was this rich brat that lived down the street from me. his parents were always drunk and never payed attetion (between you and me i think they didnt even remember buying him the rat). about a month later i heard my mom talking about how there maid discovered the cage rat dead no water
bairly any food :( . im sure yall have seen things like this before. heck most of you own rescues that deal with stuff like this everday

was the "rich brat" stupid enough to believe that the rat's food and water would provide itself? I would have popped him one. :x

I wouldn't be able to look at my own reflection in the mirror if I had treated any of my little fur faced family members in such a way. :(

I met a family where the parents let their kid have a couple of pet rats. The children were told they would have to keep them clean and fed. When they didn't do it the rats died of neglect and starvation and the parents knew it was happening. They told me that by letting the pets die like that they were teaching the children a lesson in responsibility. And they were glad it happened because now the kids wouldn't bug them to get another pet.

I think they learned a whole other lesson. A very bad one. Instead of teaching them responsiblity and the importance of proper pet care these kids are going to grow up to be like their parents. An animal is just a thing and it's life has no real value. And the circle goes round and round.... :evil:

MumsyRat said:
I met a family where the parents let their kid have a couple of pet rats. The children were told they would have to keep them clean and fed. When they didn't do it the rats died of neglect and starvation and the parents knew it was happening. They told me that by letting the pets die like that they were teaching the children a lesson in responsibility. And they were glad it happened because now the kids wouldn't bug them to get another pet.

I think they learned a whole other lesson. A very bad one. Instead of teaching them responsiblity and the importance of proper pet care these kids are going to grow up to be like their parents. An animal is just a thing and it's life has no real value. And the circle goes round and round.... :evil:

Amen! I wish people would have enough common sense to realize that it is the worst lesson that they can possibly teach their children - that animals have absolutely no value.
I just can't even comprehend what goes through their minds as they watch these creatures just suffer and die at the hands of their own children. It is horrendous.

Worst case of continuous neglect? Gwinny and her sister. Poor Bronwyn was unable to help these little girls except by sneaking behind everyone's back in the middle of the night to feed and handle them. She then bravely staged a "Jailbreak" for Gwinny to get her to me, after her sister died painfully and untreated after years of filth and neglect.

Gah...I hate people like that...they want an animal just for the fun of it but half the time people don't realize the responsibility that comes along with it..If your willing to take on a living thing..whether that be a small rat to a giant dog you must be sure you can handle the needs that come with it.
With the responsibility you also get a great pet and an amazing friend :D

Vanessa said:
MumsyRat said:

Amen! I wish people would have enough common sense to realize that it is the worst lesson that they can possibly teach their children - that animals have absolutely no value.

EXACTLY! What every parent has to assume when they say yes to their child's request for a pet, is that in the end they (by "they", I mean parents) are the one's who will ultimately be responsible for the welfare of the pet. Children simply don't have the level of maturity or the resources to take full responsibility for a pet. If parents are not prepared to step up to the plate if the child doesn't live up to their promises, then they should never give their children permission to have a pet!

Vanessa said:
I just can't even comprehend what goes through their minds as they watch these creatures just suffer and die at the hands of their own children. It is horrendous.

It's monstrous! I could never in a million years allow a creature to suffer under my roof! That's why when EarlGrey first came to me with this, I just went, :roll: and got myself on this forum as fast as I could! LOL! I mean, "technically", I don't even have any rats and here I be! :lol:

Back