Worried rat mom (irrational)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat2

I dropped Luke off at the vet this morning, he will be staying overnight because I can't get back to pick him up tonight but he needs his abscess lanced asap. We are going to a baseball game in Baltimore tonight so I will be picking him up in the morning.

The stupid thing, I'm worried about leaving him overnight at the vet?!!! I had this discussion with my husband last night about do we have time to pick him up, run him home, then go to the game. Rationally we do not have the time but he is willing to go get him. I don't want to make him late to the game so I resigned myself to the fact that he will be staying overnight.

I couldn't SLEEP last night. No one is at the vet overnight and I know he will be fine, he is in one of my travel cages and yet I am still worried.

I :heart: my little darlings, I really could not have kids (human children) knowing how much I worry about leaving the rats alone at the vet overnight.

mamarat2 said:
I dropped Luke off at the vet this morning, he will be staying overnight because I can't get back to pick him up tonight but he needs his abscess lanced asap. We are going to a baseball game in Baltimore tonight so I will be picking him up in the morning.

The stupid thing, I'm worried about leaving him overnight at the vet?!!! I had this discussion with my husband last night about do we have time to pick him up, run him home, then go to the game. Rationally we do not have the time but he is willing to go get him. I don't want to make him late to the game so I resigned myself to the fact that he will be staying overnight.

I couldn't SLEEP last night. No one is at the vet overnight and I know he will be fine, he is in one of my travel cages and yet I am still worried.

I :heart: my little darlings, I really could not have kids (human children) knowing how much I worry about leaving the rats alone at the vet overnight.

Hang tight Sweetie. Your little man is resilient and after having his abscess lanced; he will need some quiet time. As long as the vet is someone you trust, your little fuzzform will be fine.

You are not being irrational. I had to leave Jerry at the vet after his abscess surgery and Ben spent a night after being neutered. It was pure hell for me despite the fact that I knew it was necessary.

I fully trust my vet but I worried about my little men. That is how we are mamarat2. That is the whole reason why this website exists. We have a common interest/bond and can fully identify with the trials and tribulations of being a rat parent.

Listen to your instinct. If you want to bring Luke home tonight then do it. Your husband is a peach. All I can tell you is that my boys suffered no adverse reactions to spending the night at the vet's office but your feelings are what matter here. He is your boy. You have every right to worry about his well being. :love6:

Irrational? nope, not one bit. I worry myself silly over every little thing that concerns the rats. Its ogtten to the point with my Fergus that the vet will just grin and ask him "awe, did ya sneeze today?". Ummm he has seen the vet quite a bit, because I am paranoid :oops:

Trust your vet, trust he will be well *hugs*

Back