Wish me luck plz

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vixxie

Today my wonderful husband has driven me the 3 hour drive to Niagara falls, booked me a hotel room for 4 day so I could take a Wildlife rehabilitation and education course. (he did this only 2 days after knee surgry)
I love animals and have allways wanted to learn how to help injured wildlife, so as my birthday gift this year Patrick has given me the money to take the OWREN courses and tests.
This is a stepping stone to hopfully one day be a licenced wildlife custodian or foster care giver. I'm sooo happy and scared all at once, I don't do well on tests and often get choked up. So please wish me as I dive into something thats probly way over my head :giggle:

Oh wow this is great. If I had of known I would have joined you. Animals in general have always taken my interest.
You will be fine. When you have an interest in something, it always makes learning that much easier. Congratulations on that first step forward, nothing but GOOD can come from this. :D

You'll be in my thoughts Vix :joy: You do it girl!!! My mom went through a program in Blue Ridge and we fostered for the longest then she got burnt out and i was too young to "take over" at the time. More power to ya sister :wink2:

Sorry I didn't post sooner the wireless net at my hotel was kinda funky. My first day was awsome learned sooooo much. Felt alittle out of place cause i was taking the course with alot of vet techs, wildlife workers, and vets. Day 2 was the same learned so much I went to bed at 8:30 at night lol.
Day 3 was alittle harder, they got into the more advanced stuff like the math for formulas and doses for diffrent wildlife. The whole while worrying about my wonderful husband home alone so soon after surgery (He had a mystery lump removed from his knee, and we get his results tommorrow :sad4: ) .
I won't know if I passed the final exam for another 6-8 weeks tho :( But I think I did really really well.
Even if I didn't pass with a high enough grade to apply for my wildlife rehabilitators licence I came away from it with sooo much knowlege.

Thank you to everyone for the saport and sooo :sorry: for leaving yas hanging on how things were doing :)

Back