Winterizing

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handmeafish

Its finally starting to get cold here in colorado, especially at night.
Its pretty drafty in my apartment, and my roomies want to keep the temp at around 65, which I am ok with because i do like it a bit on the chilly side, but I'm not sure what temps will be best for my rats.
They've got plenty of fleece in their cage to snuggle up to, and i've been running my space heater when its getting really cold.

What else to people do differently in winter?

handmeafish said:
Its finally starting to get cold here in colorado, especially at night.
Its pretty drafty in my apartment, and my roomies want to keep the temp at around 65, which I am ok with because i do like it a bit on the chilly side, but I'm not sure what temps will be best for my rats.
They've got plenty of fleece in their cage to snuggle up to, and i've been running my space heater when its getting really cold.

What else to people do differently in winter?

If you are worried about the cold, you could put coroplast on the sides and top of your cage and it would keep their body heat in and the drafts out. :)

Drafts are more a concern than actual temp, if I remember correctly. They can handle things being a little too cool... a little too warm is a different matter.

Back