willow wouldnt let us finish cutting her nails

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubchick

so linds and i were cutting the girls nails last night... they were kinda over due because of the move n stuff.... and doesnt willow try biting me while im holding her... not that hard..but you could tell she was trying to say.. :rant: off mom.... i dont want my nails cut... then .. doesnt she bite linds.. not once but twice... and made a mark ... we had to stop cutting her nails and give her a small time out... its just weird cause she never did that before to us... i know they dont like getting their nails cut and squirm and try to fight it.. but wow.. we were shocked that she bit us... :!??!??!:
so ya.. were a little dumbfounded right now.. first time for everythign i guess :darn:

try adding a brick or a pumic bird perch to their cage under their water bottle. Everytime they go to drink, they will wear their nails down. Saves them and you a LOT of stress!! We have a hanging chinchilla perch, they have barely ever pooped on it, so it has stayed pretty clean! :thumbup:

You're really best to break up nail cutting time when they hate it that much. One foot in the morning, one in the evening, the other two the next day.

might try the breaking it up thing... see how it goes...
just any ol brick willow bean? .. and what exactly is a pumic bird perch ... and where do i get one?.. is it like the sand paper thingey for birds pirches?

Back