Will this work

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat_Girl09

Will this cage work for 2 baby rats if I put hardware mesh on the bars. The cage is 41 inches high without the stand
CB1882B5-0085-403C-A809-73A5B7104D0D.png
17FCB171-6325-43C0-A1BB-59E3AE5B0F97.jpeg

With hardware cloth, that cage will be fine. You'll just need to also cover the bottom grate with tiles, or a pan, so their feet don't get caught in it, and hurt. If money is the issue, a single critter nation is about the same price, and plenty of room for two rats. Plus you won't have to worry about a bottom grate, since there is a pan, and the shelves are a little more sturdy. I think you can also add another single, or double critter nation to it later on if you so choose. Check Craig's list or other sale sites.

With hardware cloth, that cage will be fine. You'll just need to also cover the bottom grate with tiles, or a pan, so their feet don't get caught in it, and hurt. If money is the issue, a single critter nation is about the same price, and plenty of room for two rats. Plus you won't have to worry about a bottom grate, since there is a pan, and the shelves are a little more sturdy. I think you can also add another single, or double critter nation to it later on if you so choose. Check Craig's list or other sale sites.
Thank you for telling me it will work I will probably use this because I don’t have space for a critter nation because of it being 36 x 25 this cage is only 31 x 20

Back