will rats boggle when stressed?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sketchi

I know bruxing can happen during unhappy as well as happy times, but can rats *boggle* when stressed/cold/etc? or is boggling strictly a sign of happiness?

My research rats boggle when they are coming out of anesthesia, so that could be a stressful behavior.

None of my rats here at home boggle, I think they are quite happy, but I love to see rats boggle, it is very funny.

Our girls do brux, and they tend to do it for a good thing, I think, cause it's when they come to us and snuggle.

Yeah, we've seen it in calm/happy situations as well as fear/stress/bathtime. =) I think its like cats, who will purr at the vet to try to calm themselves down. Because they usually purr in a calm contented state, its sort of like sounding the ohm or counting backwards from ten to control your thoughts. =) Hee hee.

haha noodle is really silly then! I recently switched cages, making noodle/strider sleep in milky's cage and vice versa--noodle started boggling like crazy. I thought maybe he was happy to be back in his old home? but then he was so on-edge the whole time, and would stand up and freeze if I pet him.

makes sense, 'find a happy place' hahahahahaha

Back