Will Devil accept girls as new cagemates??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratlets

Devil STILL does not like my boys... he didn't like Steamy and Dreamy, and now he doesn't like Steamy and Polar Bear. I thought maybe it was because he was trying to "protect" his girls, Ushi and Sheeps, but they're gone, and his behavior hasn't changed.

Is it likely he will accept new girls into his life? Grown ones? Or babies of either sex?

I feel bad having him live alone :(

Umpa didn't get along with any males, I got him a harem of 4 spayed girls and he was a happy boy. Good luck with your Devil.

Thanks, guys!

One little girl has made her way here so far... little... tiny... 5 weeks or so! Devil ignores her on the bed for the most part... steals her treats from her (he's a fatty), but when I held her on my hand in his doorway of his cage while he was in it, he tried to strike at her.

Sloooooooooooowing down!

Devil reacts the same way every time I get him out around the girls or the (almost) grown boys. Lately, I've been taking him with me when I leave town for a few days at a time. He seems to enjoy himself in his cat carrier and running around on the bed (aka playground).

Not sure what to do, really. Keep trying? He'll be two at the end of this month. He has drawn blood once... on Steamy, but just barely... I try to grab him up before it looks like something serious could happen. Maybe I shouldn't... and just leave him there?

Seeing the video, I would do it only if you are sure he won't bite you. He definitely needs to be told he's not the boss through. It might very well help him.

I read that if they will bite you, not to handle males for atleast 1 hour after theyve had a bad intro because they are still very hormonal and still very likely to bite anyone and anything

Back