Wildlings Update

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

It seems my "sweet" Kara is sick with URI, and I posted about it in Rat Health but I also decided to take pics of the little brats for you all. They seem to be mellowing as they age, most will let me hold them without screaming and/or blood shed, and when I go into my tiny bathroom with them they all end up in my lap, so I pat them, talk to them, tell them I love them, and they swirl around and climb up to my shoulder or over my arm or jump back to the side of the tub and then back.

Good news is that Kara bites onto the syringe of baytril so I can get it into her without holding her and force-medding (painful for both of us).

I marked her with a Sharpie in her ear and her tail and that was very traumatic for her, so there's no pics of After Sharpie for her. :roll:

Excuse the blurriness...the bathroom has ucky lighting and there are very little do-overs with the Wildlings :D

Kara lettting me pat her
Karalettingmepather.jpg

Kara not liking the holding but not resisting (she used to sink her teeth into me when I grasped her at all :thumbup:)
Kara-sickandblurryNov18.jpg

Here is Nissa, my other biter...she got me twice badly in 4 hours :shock:
Nissa-blurryNov18.jpg

And Teya my original little girl...used to be incredibly timid but now is the brave one...first in my lap and doesn't mind being held anymore. Thank you Arlene!
Teya-blurryNov18.jpg

Teya-nov18.jpg

Faerdae my smallest and Beni my remaining neutered boy. He really is small and not much bigger than the biggest girl Kara. I can tell its him by a small difference in head shape and his very slightly courser coat.
FaerdaeandBeniNov18.jpg

Lapful of rude ratties and beautiful agouti coats.
wildlings-agoutibacks.jpg

and 4 of them swarming my lap...I had all 5 there but one always kept sticking her nose in the lens :doh:

wildlings-lapfulNov18.jpg

They are small and lean, active little rats. :)

I guesstimated Kara one of the bigger of them to be about 280 grams. They are full grown and Beni is only a little bigger.

mamarat2 said:
Beautiful agouti wild ones! :D I'd say give them a kiss but I don't want you to get bit! How bout a pat on the back next time they swarm you? :D

I kiss their backs and butts but don't trust their teeth near my face...they have no respect! :lol:

Wow, they are sooo gorgeous. I saw a wild rat in the bushes yesterday, he had a glossy agouti coat just like your beautiful wildlings!
Good luck with Kara's medicating!!

Back