Why won't they cuddle?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melandrew

Last night was my new girl Zoeys first night staying with her new sister Molly and Zerk. Everything went well, they spent time during the day together in the past week but last night was there first night together. They do fine with each other, except they seem to really just not care for each other. Molly and Zerk will play when Zoey is sleeping, and Zoey will only come out with M&Z are sleeping. They won't cuddle with each other. If i put Zoey w/ M&Z, Zerk does her normal dominance thing, Zoey squeaks a little but nothing bad, then M&Z leave her and go lay somewhere else. I feel sad for her, it should get better right? I should just let them do there own thing??? I don't know i just want them all to be friends. Any advice?? I almost think M&Z are actually scared of Zoey, even though there older, Zoey tries to play but they just won't...

Just let them do their thing. Some rats don't like to cuddle, and I find now especially that it's hot outside, some of mine like to sleep alone.

Also, I moved this to the Behavior section for you. :)

The newbie is brand new so I wouldn't worry about it... give them time, they will warm up to each other and soon enough you'll have all three playing and sleeping together. :)

Thank you for moving it, i realized it as soon as i posted it :)

K thats what i was thinking, with time they will get closer. Zoey (the new girl) has been sneezing none stop, i heard this may happen the first week or so when they go to a new home. Either way i'm taking her in on Monday for her tooth. Poor wittle girl, already sick and only 4 weeks old :(

Back