who knew there were so many rat lovers!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoknew

hello to everyone!
im from Pickering, Ontario and was just browsing through different forums and found this one!
i dont currently have any rats as i am getting over the death of my first boy. :(
they are such wonderful animals but have heartbreakingly short lives!

so hello to all and im excited to get talking and learning!

You only had one rat? For future reference, it's better to get buddies when you have rats :D They need a pillow :lol:

Anyways, welcome to the shack. And sorry for the loss of your first rat... I have yet to experience that loss.

he was a christmas ratty from my ever-loving boyfriend, so he came solo.
but ( and i really truly know that this is no excuse ) he was out of his cage almost all day from breakfast to bedtime.
however, in the future i will be looking to adopt in pairs!
but a question - do the two rats bond to you as well as just one?
because i know my boy was like velcro. hehe :p

Welcome to the forum :)

A pair can bond to you as much as a single rat can. It depends more on how much time you spend with them and their personalities.

Welcome!

Yes, rats in groups will bond to you just as closely as rats that are alone. All rats are different, and some are more reclusive than others. Often rats in pairs will be more friendly with their owner because of the reduced stress from not having to live alone. I have two boys that recently became a lot more playful and friendly, simply because I gave them another friend.

Pink

Hi and welcome to the Rat Shack!!
A few of us have done the solo rat in the beginnings but we all learn and do better.
I've got 28 rats and I can tell you, some are very bonded to me even with so many buddies to choose from.

Welcome!!
To be completely honest my rat Emma was a single rat when i first got her and i personally think that she did bond better with me because now that she has a friend she isnt as interested. But I would definetly recommend getting 2. I always felt bad for her when she had to sleep in her big cage all by herself and im sure that she does enjoy the company of her new friend.

Sorry for babbling :lol2:
Anywho welcome again to the shack im sure you'll learn lots!!!

Hello and welcome

I must say for the bonding, my current rat Zumi is strongly bonded to me and she has 4 buddies with her in her cage. She always come to me when I enter the room and she's the first to grip to my cloths. One morning, as I go check on them everytime I wake up before going to college, I gave them food, new water, the normal deal. I go do my stuff, prepare for college. Before I leave the house, my mom tells me that miss Zumi was hanging on my butt and not moving as she was probably too lazy to climb over to my shoulder. :giggle:

Lucky my mom saw her cuz she would've came to college with me. :lol:

Back