White teeth and an older rat?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

My Flower (32 months) teeth seem to be oddly white. I thought I read somewhere this was a sign of something wrong? :( Kidney or liver failure? Does anyone know or know where I can find this info? :stickpoke:

Thank you SQ. I feared that it was kidney failure, I will see if I can get a better look at her teeth tonight and if they are still whiter than they should be we will be going to the vet. I wonder if there is a test to determine kidney function?

I've had a few rats with white teeth. My vet told me that meds can do that too. I don't think it necessarily means it's an illness.

I have a number of rats whose teeth never turned orange but stayed white.
They seem to be ver healthy so perhaps there are other reasons for white teeth.

Flower has not been on meds for at least a year. Other than the two tumors and the mastized(I think this is what is called) nipple. She is in fairly good health. She has lost a lot of weight and has hind end degenertion. WOW as I type this out she is not in as good a health has I think she is other than no illnesses. I would have the tumors removed but the one next to her tail is very, very attached and I know that it in the end will be what causes me to help her cross over. So I figure I will make her life as good as possible until that time comes. :hugs: I will watch her closely for decline in health and happiness and do what is best for my girly in the end. :sad3:

Back