Which kind of liners should I get?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Made with batting VS Add my own padding

• I like both

• I prefer to add my own padding

• I prefer my liners to come with padding already added

Results are only viewable after voting.

trihkal

Me again with another poll. I so love that I can get opinions from people with more experience. I'm trying to decide if I should get cage liners that already have batting or if I could just get the liners and put my own padding underneath them. Also if anyone has a recommendation as to what padding I should use if I add my own I would really appreciate if you would please leave it in a comment. Thanks for your help.

To be honest, I do not use padding but...

It seems like it would be easier to repair a non padded liner that was chewed up vs. a padded one. That was my thinking when I was considering the option, anyway...

I don't like padding at all.

Last time I had a liner with padding it was destroyed so quickly, and as Unepuce said, it was so difficult to repair that I just had to get rid of it (well, I modified what was left into a liner for the carrier instead).

You could ask for an extra layer of fleece in the liners... that would make it softer, but even that is somewhat of a pain in the rear when you go to repair it.

I stick to the plain, one layer fleece ones, and if they are not chewers, I simply add a towel underneath the liner and that works well.

I prefer batting in between two layers of fleece so there's something to neutralize urine... I find fleece stinks very quickly on it's own.

Back