Where to buy Oxbow adult rat food in Quebec, Canada

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rats en folie

I'm looking for a 20 pound bag of food in Canada. I can't find any. My vet will charge me 67.70$ plus tax! Anyone know a reliable place to buy it online?

I wonder if you could buy it from Ottawa Pet Rat Rescue? They do large orders from Oxbow. Many pet stores also carry Oxbow and if you have a local independent pet store near you, they might bring some in if you ask them.

Jorats, what do you feed your rats. I found harland food...not too expensive. I currently rat chow which is extremely high in protein.

Do you have Global Pets stores in Quebec? They carry the Oxbow and will order in 20 lb bags if you want. I also feed both Harlan 2014 and Oxbow. It's nice when they have a choice. :)

Rat chow was what was highly recommended from another forum. :( I was a member for over 5 years. I thought I was giving them the right thing. Is it true by changing their food they won't smell as bad :p

Thanks I ordered it earlier today :) Hope it comes soon!!! I can't wait to switch over.

Now going to check the hamster forum to see if I can feed it to my little Buddha :D

If I buy through FTC it would cost me 49$ for a 33 pound bag or Harlan Teklad. Is the price reasonable?? Delivery included.
Considering that the 3lb bag of Oxbow is $12 --> $132 for the equivalent weight!
I used to split up the bag into freezer bags and put it in the deep freeze to keep it fresh.

That's what I would do with my rat chow.

I was just wondering, besides for the high protein in rat chow what's so bad about it??

Just wondering cause I've had rats for 5 years and have been feeding it to my rats the entire time....

I was feeding it years ago so I forget what's in it...but one thing I do remember is that it smells horribly.
But Purina is a really bad brand name for all things pet food. They use rendered meats, crap off the slaughterhouse floor for their pet foods.

thanks jorats :)

I just got a call from my local pet store and they can order me a 25 pound bag of Oxbow for 55$$ !!!!! :)

I think i might buy it and mix the oxbow and Harlan Teklad together. :) What do you think??

Just received my Harlan Teklad!!! :) I should receive my Oxbow beginning of next week! Just wondering, with the change of food will my rattys fur get nicer?? Will the amount of rat grease diminish? Will their poop not smell as bad??

I feel all I do is clean their cage. I have alot of white and pale ratties. Their fur has orange spots and it's actually pretty dry and not shinny.

Now going to check the hamster forum to see if I can feed it to my little Buddha :D

Hamsters need a higher protein. Personally, I feed my hamster a 50-50 mix of harlan 2018 (which you can also get at FTC) and living world extrusion blocks (16% protein). I'm pretty sure that if you fed 2014 with the living world block it would be good, just give a bit more of the higher protein block.

LOL Harlan is like crack for hammies. My girl goes INSANE for it!
Plus my girlie is a dwarf hammy, so watching her lug around the lab block is so funny. She trips over it too! Too cute!

Hamsters need a higher protein. Personally, I feed my hamster a 50-50 mix of harlan 2018 (which you can also get at FTC) and living world extrusion blocks (16% protein). I'm pretty sure that if you fed 2014 with the living world block it would be good, just give a bit more of the higher protein block.

LOL Harlan is like crack for hammies. My girl goes INSANE for it!
Plus my girlie is a dwarf hammy, so watching her lug around the lab block is so funny. She trips over it too! Too cute!

Hhahahah My little Buddha is a Miniature also. I'll definitely get some extrusion blocks. Thanks for the info :)

Back