Where do you get your syringes?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldsGal

My vet normally provides me with syringes whenever I get meds and I just reuse them. But I am starting to run low on good ones and need more. I use them to syringe feed my rats when they are sick and I would like to have a bunch on hand. Anyone know where I can buy 1 cc syringes. I know I can't get them from my pharmacy without a prescription. I have not asked my vet for them just yet as I thought I would see if I could buy them online or something cheaper.

I usually buy mine at my neighbourhood pharmacy, they are much cheaper than my vet is. The only ones I have had to buy at a vet's office is the butterfly syringes.

Sometimes it's strange being a vet's daughter. We have syringes all over the place. :lol: (in their sealed plastic)

We always have tonnes of extra syringes laying around my house, because of my youngest Brother in Law.

I eventually got to feeling badly about all the free syringes I was getting from my vet that I asked to buy a box of 100 (you go through them quickly when the zithro won't stop clogging up the darn tip!). It cost me US$25 but it has been very worth it. :)

I went to the drug store and asked for syringes when the one I had got tight.
The girl said "We can't sell those to yoiu"
Once we got it understood that I didn't want the needles with them, just the syringes there was no problem, she removed the needles and I got the syringes.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I imagining it?
When I wash the syringe with hot or warm water it starts to not slide smoothly pretty quick. But it it wash it in cold or cool it last a long time.

I have noticed that too, but just figured it was me imagining things. I wonder if the hot water degrades it somehow?

My rats have a fascination for plastic so when you are medicating 6 with 2 syringes each, one invariably gets stolen and taken to the special plastic stash they have under the bed. Where I hear them noisily chewing but can't get to them...plastic waterbottles are especially loud...sigh. :roll:

I'm starting to run low, maybe I'll have to visist Moon soon ;)

I get them from my vet - usually free

I have also purchased them from a pharmacy. Why don't you call around to find a pharmacy that will sell you needless syringes.

I have a large stash of syringes, I got them for free from fostering animals. Anytime the kittens needed meds I'd get a bunch. I now have them saved and have used them on several occassions so far. They are definitely useful to have around for meds or flushing wounds :)

Back