Where can I get Baytril without a prescription?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've noticed some red around Chatham's nose and I'm starting to suspect early signs of a respiratory infection. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't, but if it is I would strongly prefer getting the Baytril on my own without taking him to the vet, since I'm in college and just paid my tuition bill so I am not the richest person currently. I'm going to work on getting some from a friend who tends to have antibiotics on hand (she runs a dog rescue), but if that isn't an option I'd really really just like to be able to buy a bottle for future use. Thanks guys! :)

Baytril (enrofloxacin) isn't possible to get without a prescription as far as I know. You can get doxycycline though - which is also a broad spectrum antibiotic - without a prescription. I got mine as 'bird biotic' I believe. Check online. Doxy isn't always effective for everything though, and if you don't see improvement you may need to get a Baytril script from your vet.

You can get baytril from Jedd's Pigeon supplies; it is the 10 percent Enrofloxyn. Call their California number and ask to speak to Greg. You'll get 100 mls for about thirty dollars; the info for breaking down the medicine with a dilutant is here on the board.

You can get baytril from Jedd's Pigeon supplies; it is the 10 percent Enrofloxyn. Call their California number and ask to speak to Greg. You'll get 100 mls for about thirty dollars; the info for breaking down the medicine with a dilutant is here on the board.
Can you link to the dilutant info? I can't seem to find it. This post is pretty old, hope you're still active on here.

Can you link to the dilutant info? I can't seem to find it. This post is pretty old, hope you're still active on here.
Hi! I got enrofloxacin 10% from ladygouldianfinch.com - Shop for Bird Medications
I was also able to get a nice FREE "trial sample" of dried mealworms and millet spray with my ~$22 purchase, both of which the rats loved for treats. Comes with a free syringe but the numbers eventually rubbed off so I purchased some more for cheap through amazon.

I also just came across this: https://www.bio-serv.com/product/RBMD.html Very pricey, but seems to make the process quite a bit easier than figuring out the honey or other dilutant portions. I've also ended up eyeballing the dosage for some of my rats (after many many many times of using the syringe) and I would just put the tiniest drip on some wet water-based canned tuna or a piece of a hardboiled egg. The sugar intake doesn't seem that great for a sick rat.

Info about dosage:
1. the Rat Report
2. Rat Medicine Dosage Charts

Last edited:
Back