What's the dumbest thing your rats do?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canarats

I had a rat that was so intelligent that she could not only fetch a ball, but taught 3 other rats to do it too. "Juliette." But she had no self awareness whatsoever. One time she backed herself into a too-tiny igloo, then made several trips halfway out to pull more paper scraps in with her. Just when I thought she had got all the nearby paper, she popped her head out again, picked up her own tail that was still sticking out, and dragged it back in the igloo with her teeth. My roomate and I were in tears from laughing.

Lol! Juliette sounds like pretty smart.
I can't think offhand of a really dumb thing one of mine has done - but I can put them on the computer and they'll be able to tell you plenty I've done I'm sure :p

I had a rat, Arwen... Who walked around with here tail in her mouth, and in the house she let the tail go and run opstairs, made a few rounds till she had her tail in her mouth again and ran to the house and let the tail go etc. you know, like some rats like to collect food, Arwen collected tails. well just one but did she knew that?? :lol: Wish i had a camera back then. Laughed my ass off.

LOL that would have been funny to see!

I once had a rat named Milk Dud. He was a free range rat that liked to jump up on your lap or shimmy up your leg, no matter where you were sitting. Well one day I was sitting on the W.C. (toilet) and he wanted to jump up on my lap. I told him no mommy is busy. Well several other times I have sat on top of the toilet seat and he made his way up. This time he decided not to listen and good thing I had not relieved myself yet but he jumped, thru my legs and plunge into the toilet water! I think we both had the same reaction to stand up very quickly, me bare bottom and him wet bottom! :oops:

I don't know if he's dumb or just lazy, but my big male, Moosh, can be pretty ridiculous sometimes! Most of our rats can be put on the front of a shirt and they will scramble up and sit on your shoulder... Not so much with Moosh. He will hold on for dear life and just dangle!! He never tries to climb up. When it's play time, he takes forever to leave the cage. He'll sit with his front paws and chest out and his feet and butt in the cage. He's not much of a player though, mostly he likes to find the highest place in the room that he can get to and he sits and watches. He's an energy conservationist!

Back