what water bottles do you use with your critter nations?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went through the same thing when I got mine.

I have 2 different bottles in the cage now....1 is "super pet" and it's a glass bottle with a little yellow ducky in it and the other might also be super pet actually...it's one of the blue ones that has a flip top to fill it.

I would definitely say go for the glass ones....you could hang them in the cage so you don't have to worry about it fitting through the bars properly.

Attached a link so you can have some idea of what I'm describing lol....
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... Id=2753343

I have the same bottle thought they have a small carrot on the inside. Just be warned that at least for the ones with the carrot, it can fall out when you rinse the bottle and could easily go down the drain. I don't know for those with a little duck if it's the same.

I use glass water bottles and fit them in from the outside. It is a tight fit, but I may try to do it from the inside.

Ya, it's the same with the duck...it slips out easily.

It's great having it on the inside because you don't have to have it angled weird because of the bars. Plus my guys seem to love standing on the top of it lol

crumbilina said:
The bottles with the carrot have always leaked for me (they are Living World brand)

I only use the ones with the duck in it (Super pet brand)

So no healthy veggie bottles for you Jenny. LOL

I use regular Living World bottle, that I put into this:

I think some people have had bad luck with their rats chewing on the bottles, but none of mine has ever tried that (knock on wood!!!)

Mine are drinking out of bowl's this week, the ceramic bowl's...they prefer drinking out of bowl's anyway.
They do have plastic water bottles!

But I just had a thought, would glass water bottles be better for them like glass water bottles are better for us!

Back