What to do with this Tumour?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sausage4ever

I am never surprised to find tumours on my boys but I am continuously surprised at the new places they can appear.

Last week I noticed a bump on Davey, which I figured would turn into a zit like most bumps on the SkinKids do. Wel this one didn't instead it chose to grow.
I have stated (to myself) that each rat will get the oppurtunity of one tumour removal per lifetime as long as that tumour shows up before they turn two and t's not in the neck region. I already removed a lump off of Caillou so it's no whoop his brother got one too, the issue is the placement of this lump.
It's on his upper thigh (See pics below), and I was wondering if I should go ahead and have it removed or would a lump in that area require amputation?
I'm going to watch this lump for yet another week in case it decides that it's not a tumour but a massive zit or abcess.

That big shiny thing on his skin is the lump
PB100042.jpg

PB100043.jpg

PB100044.jpg

PB100047.jpg

PB100048.jpg

Other side
PB100051.jpg

PB100052.jpg

Smilin' Daves
PB100053.jpg

PB100054.jpg

PB100055.jpg

I think there's two lumps there, one that's hard and granular, then another that is quite fibrous surrounding the granular mass. But yes I can get my fingers around it a bit.

Edit: And it's very much on the surface as far as I can tell.

Ooops sorry...fine needle aspiration. The try to aspirate the contents of the lump. Abscess has pus, cysts have cystic material, and masses have nothing as they are solid.

That's okay... I'll get one done next week when I can go home.
:doh: Why did I not think of cysts...I know SkinKids normally get these, hopefully that's what it is instead of something malignant(sp?)

Back