What the hell just happened?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowpaws

Akiva was seemingly on deaths bed. He was in a ball, on his head, and I was just about to bring him to the vet's. I picked him up, and while he would usually kick up a fuss, he went limp and clenched all this paws. He was cool to touch and non-responsive to anything I would do to him. I was poking feet, rubbing him, poking him. I assumed he was taking his last breaths, so I called the vet back and told her what happened. I held him, and he wasn't moving at all. I picked him up, flipped him, hoping he was maybe just in a coma, but he didn't move. Suddenly, it looked like he was bruxing, his eyes (which were closed) were boggling under the little lids, and I poked at him a bit more. He went back into non-responsive, shallow breathing ratty mode. Literally 2 minutes later, he opened his eyes and went running. I put him back in his box that I was going to bring him to the vet in, and he's under the fleece, sniffling, but very much alive. He's still very cool to the touch, but he's moving and alert.

Someone help?

He either had a seizure, a heart attack or a stroke. When oxygen is deprived, after a certain time, the brain starts to shut down certain functions.
Get him to the vet ASAP!!

Back