What I love about the rat community.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I to love this forum it is by far the best rat forum out there. People are not afraid to give advise but they don't do it rudely. I love it here =)

I love the rat community as a whole everybody cares and is willing to help. I agree the rat people seem closer then other animal people. I have only met one snooty rat owner though, she asked me what kind of rat Jazz was...and I told her 'a fancy rat...standard ears, standard fur'. She replied 'oh my rat is a silk rat and she has dumbo ears...she has won competitions!' Then she walked off with her nsoe in the air. >.o

jorats said:
I secretly covet the Pug. There, I said it.

Having not met Mike, Jo, you would not understand how weird this is, but he also is a closet Pug coveter. And my boss' Long Haired Chihuahua, Sonic. I always make fun of him saying that one day I'll be the one walking our big dogs and he'll be carrying a tiny one around in a purse LOL

lilspaz68 said:
That is funny!!! A silk rat eh? No such thing. Satin rats yes, very rare and mostly only with the breeders in the US at this point, but Silk? LOL

I didn't think she would be to happy to hear that :p So I left her alone.

Randomrat said:
lilspaz68 said:
That is funny!!! A silk rat eh? No such thing. Satin rats yes, very rare and mostly only with the breeders in the US at this point, but Silk? LOL

I have a denim rat, as well as some cotton and polyester ones too. Not quite as fancy as them silk rats :p

rat.charmer said:
Randomrat said:
lilspaz68 said:

I have a denim rat, as well as some cotton and polyester ones too. Not quite as fancy as them silk rats :p

:laugh4: *splutter choke* you shouldn't make me laugh while I am eating :wink2:

moon said:
jorats said:

Having not met Mike, Jo, you would not understand how weird this is, but he also is a closet Pug coveter. And my boss' Long Haired Chihuahua, Sonic. I always make fun of him saying that one day I'll be the one walking our big dogs and he'll be carrying a tiny one around in a purse LOL

LOL!!!

Dahlas said:
I have met many groups of people......dog people, cat people, horse people and now rat people and I would say that the rat people I have met seem to be closer....working together more....offering and excepting advice...it has been a wonderful experience to meet everyone on here....Maybe it is because rats are kind of the underdogs of the pet world....there are not many of us rat lovers so we tend to stick together more........

On no other forum or in any other organization I have been involved in have I ever received so much support and been made to feel so welcome....
The Rat Shack in a wonderful place to be.........
My rats and I would be lost without you guys........

Dahl - I'm giving you a standing ovation right now. I couldn't have said it better myself. I've spent a fair bit of time on dog forums/lists and my experience has been that generally speaking, rat people are kinder, gentler folk (or maybe they've just got better manners).

I, too, would have to say that I'd be lost without you (I'd also probably have four fewer rats :roll LOL!), but seriously THANK YOU! You guys are the best!

lilspaz68 said:
I, like you, would love a retired greyhound one day, they are my favourite dog!!

Soooo, are you guys trying to rack up some brownie points with me? 'Cause if you are you're doing a mighty fine job! :hugs:

moon said:
jorats said:

That's hysterical! Okay - if we're into confessions ... Dachshunds make me feel warm all over. I just wanna pick it up and squish it! Can you just imagine me walkin' down the street with Licorice and Oreo and a little Dachshund waddling his little heart out trying to keep up? "Oh, him? Yes, he's a vertically challenged Greyhound." :laugh4:

Latest posts

Back