We've lost two in less than a week. RIP Daisy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristyR

We have lost our second baby in less than a week. Yesterday, Daisy started to act "funny" the same way Evie was acting Wednesday morning. Being Saturday, we had a difficult time finding a vet who would see her, and by the time we found one, she was audibly wheezing, and clearly in distress. She made it to the vet, but was barely hanging on, and we had to put her to sleep once we got there. He is doing an autopsy on her (free of charge) to see exactly what was going on with her.

Two babies in three days. Please let it be a long time before I lose another, and may his or her death be from old age after a long, healthy, and happy life. My heart needs some time to heal.

Rest in peace, Daisy. Snuggle with Evie and play hard at the bridge. We miss you!

I am so sorry Kristy. I cannot imagine the pain you are feeling. Be happy knowing that Evie and Daisy are together, forever.

jorats said:
Oh no!! This is horrible and it must be so hard you.
How old were they?
I'm so sorry. :cry:

I'm not positive about either of their ages, but Evie was very young, probably less than three months old. Daisy was likely over a year, from what we could tell.

I'm so so sorry :cry:

I hope this is just a horrible fluke and there's nothing going on with your kids. I'm sure you've been thinking about if anything's changed in their environment lately. Hopefully the vet will be able to give you comforting answers.

Run happy & free precious Daisy & Evie.

I'm so sorry, it's heartbreaking enough to lose one and must be devastating to lose two in such a short time. :roseopen: my thoughts are with you :hugs:

KristyR said:
We have lost our second baby in less than a week. Yesterday, Daisy started to act "funny" the same way Evie was acting Wednesday morning. Being Saturday, we had a difficult time finding a vet who would see her, and by the time we found one, she was audibly wheezing, and clearly in distress. She made it to the vet, but was barely hanging on, and we had to put her to sleep once we got there. He is doing an autopsy on her (free of charge) to see exactly what was going on with her.

Two babies in three days. Please let it be a long time before I lose another, and may his or her death be from old age after a long, healthy, and happy life. My heart needs some time to heal.

Rest in peace, Daisy. Snuggle with Evie and play hard at the bridge. We miss you!

Oh God Kristy, I don't know what to say. :tearful:

Please let us know what the vet finds out. The sister's distress may have been something either heredetary or a virus. If it is the latter; Something may be able to be done to protect the third baby.

Nature works in her own way and there is only so much we can do. You did everything to ensure your babies' comfort and well being. You are lovely, and your baby girls think so too. :love6:

Back