Welcome the new Puppy! *pics*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randomrat

So on Sunday we replied to an ad about some mutt puppies needing a home. We drove three hours away to go and see them. There were two left, a brother and a sister. We played with both of them for a little bit and then decided on the male (who was twice the size of his sister). He snuggled with me all the way home. He is 8 weeks old, he is big(about 20lbs), he is very cuddly and his name is Sam (I wanted Kyler or Jude).

Now we don't think he is the breeds that they said he was at least not just those breeds. What are your guys guesses on his breeds?

hollyscam28018.jpg

hollyscam28021.jpg

hollyscam28022.jpg

hollyscam28024.jpg

hollyscam28026.jpg

hollyscam28028.jpg

hollyscam28031.jpg

hollyscam28041.jpg

hollyscam28042.jpg

;D

In the first few pics he looks older than 8 weeks old, than those last two.. :heart: :heart: definately a little baby!

He looks similar to my nana's old dog. He was.. a bit of everything lol. The bestest dog in the world though. He looks almost like a Lab x Collie

oh wow, what a handome puppy!
i was going to say he looks like some sort of lab/sheppard/collie mix.
whatever he is, he's a cutie! :happydance:

He looks like a dobermann mix maybe, with some lab and GSD thrown in for good measure. A perfect boy! He looks older than 8 weeks to me though, closer to 12ish.

He has the doberman markings, but i really think he has more of a lab face lol.

The breeds dont matter :D Its just fun trying to guess hehe

NicoleT said:
I don't know what breeds he may be, but he's so unbelievably cute! Those ears! Those eyes! :)
I agree with this whole heartedly!

He is going to look just like Thunder who comes to my daycare! He is HUGE and I'm pretty sure he's a doberman/lab.

I know his breed he is 100% Canadian-bred Heinz 57
But if I was going to guess anything other than mutt I would say shepXhusky, only because that what the shepXhusky mixes look like when they are at the shelter!!

We had a litter of puppies at the shelter.....mom was lab mix and dad was a husky mix.......a few of the puppies looked just like that guy.......so very cute. He is one very handsome puppy.......please post more pictures as he grows.

Husky in this dog for sure. No Shepherd if you are referring to the German. GSD's DO NOT have white in them unless they are totally white. My guess for the little one is Husky and some kind of hound. Maybe Bluetick coonhound. You can get a better Idea by doing "DNA my dog" The cost is 60 bucks.

So what did they tell you was in him?? :D

LOL I totally missed my censored "swear" at the top of this page... hahahaha!

Pointed ears then ;)

I seem to have neglected to mention that he is BLOODY ADORABLE

Back