We must rehome our rats Ontario - 2 Males-Rehomed

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherylM

Sadly we have come to the conclusion that we must rehome our two rats. They are both males, one is a fawn Rex, the other is a light merle (?) We only just got them in May, they were about 9 weeks old when we got them. It breaks our heart to have to do this but we cannot continue to expose our 4 year old to them as he has been sick since we got them. At our doctors urging we are rehoming them. They are sweet, sweet fellows, they love treats and attention. We are in Ontario, about an hour north of Toronto and if this is not the correct place to post this can someone please let me know. Or maybe someone knows a rescue? I would like to sell their Critter Nation cage with them (brand new) if possible.

Joanne, we would like to ask $150 for the cage (single) which would include 2 litter boxes, their house and a 12" silent spinner wheel and water bottle. We are about 45mins-1 hour south of Barrie. As for pics they are all on my phone. I will try to figure out how to put them on the computer. If you can pm me I could text you pictures. This is so upsetting. Last night I had them running all over my lap and it just breaks my heart that they have to be rehomed.

to get the pictures from your phone, to your computer, simply text them to your email :) that's what I do! good luck rehoming your babies, i'm sorry they have to leave you, but glad that, being such a loving, responsible owner, you'll be able to find them a great home

Here are the guys, Butterscotch and Snowflake (named by the 4 year old)! Hope this works..
(obviously it did not work..will have to read up and try again)

Just to let you know,our boys are going to their new home on Monday. They are going to an organization that runs kids camps and after school programs for children who have a love of animals. They will be getting tons of love and attention and we will also be able to visit them whenever we want. This is the best possible outcome for our guys.

SherylM said:
Just to let you know,our boys are going to their new home on Monday. They are going to an organization that runs kids camps and after school programs for children who have a love of animals. They will be getting tons of love and attention and we will also be able to visit them whenever we want. This is the best possible outcome for our guys.

Fantastic!!! :dance:

Congratulations!! :D not only will this let the kids learn proper rat care, but maybe you'll inspire some future rescuers and members to our forum!! and it's awesome you can go visit them.. I know how much you're gonna miss them and being able to still see your guys and see them SO happy means the world

Yes, we will be able to visit them, which is nice. I'm relieved that I found them a great home, relieved that the 4 year old will start feeling better, but very, very sad about having to let the guys go. I never imagined I would become so attached to them!

Back