water bottle washers

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I have a mostly Lixit glass water bottles and one Lixit plastic bottle and somehow I've managed to lose all but one of the washers for them

anyone know where you can get replacement washers without having to buy a whole new bottle?

Dazzle87 said:
There's a chance of finding some rubber washers at Home Depot that may fit it.

will they be ok though? I mean i've got some rubber washers for faucets and stuff but i was thinking maybe the ones made for water bottles are a special grade or sanitized or something

rubber in general seems like a kind of dirty thing to me, not really sure why I think that, though....

I should google "food grade rubber" perhaps........?

yeh, I guess if it's used in a water faucet for people it should be ok :emb:
but I worry about it if it's for one of my 'kids'

I ended up finding a wide mouth water bottle on sale and ordered that instead. it'll be easier to clean and fill.

as long as they have at least 3 working bottles in the cage at all times, I can relax :roll: :lol:

funny thing is, the ones missing the washers seem to work ok, I mean they can get water from them and they don't leak. I am not sure exactly what the purpose of the washer is, but my guess is to prevent leaking from where the cap screws on, but that's never been a problem.

Yeah I think they are just intended to seal off the cap. I almost suggested that cheap bottles might be less hassle for you, I'm glad you found one!

I tend to go with at least three too. It gives me peace of mind!

Back