• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted...For Passed Rats... Fabric Squares or Sacks?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it sounds like a great idea :)
If I were to bury mine home I´d probably want some too..
But I´ve decided(in theory anyway) to only have them cremated with other critters from now on..
Since mine tend to die mid winter and single cremation is insanely expencive :roll:

MissGuardian said:
But I´ve decided(in theory anyway) to only have them cremated with other critters from now on..
Since mine tend to die mid winter and single cremation is insanely expencive :roll:

My rats go into the freezer until I go up to my sisters place to have them buried. I lovingly call them ratsicles :p

lilspaz68 said:
MissGuardian said:

My rats go into the freezer until I go up to my sisters place to have them buried. I lovingly call them ratsicles :p
That would freak me out big time :giggle:
Don´t really have room either tho..

lilspaz68 said:

I do that too (call the Ratsicles) :giggle:
it started when my boy Snoopy (blind deaf diabetic boy) died and I couldn't get him to my friend's house right away, I put him in the freezer. I don't know what made me think of it, but I started to think of him as the "Snoopsicle".
It took the edge off the pain a bit.

I wish I had a place closer to bury my guys but I rent and and home burials of any kind aren't allowed in this city anyway. I'm just lucky that I have a friend who owns a house in the next town who can lay them to rest there. (where it is legal to do so)

lilspaz68 said:
MissGuardian said:

This seems like an excellent idea until your husband reaches into what he thinks is a box of frozen Christmas cookies and then freaks out at you. :emb:

Godmother said:
I have often wondered what would happen if a guest should look into our downstairs fridge freezer....

:giggle:

same here, if they were to look in my fridge, no pet-sicles right now thankfully- but there's a lot more rat food and YN litter and other things that I freeze for the rats to kill any mites....in both my fridge and freezer,
than there is food for me

I put anything wooden in there too, like the Gnawsome Huts and bird ladder etc

We have had...well, everyone but Gregory go in the winter. So, they have gotten wrapped in fleece and placed in a freezer bag until the ground thawed. When we had Dom (1.5 lbs) and Quilt (1.75 lbs) both in there...not a lot of room for food.

But you do what you need to. I will be sad to leave them behind when we move, but this place is the only one they ever knew, so they rest where they lived.

Moon said:
lilspaz68 said:
MissGuardian said:

This seems like an excellent idea until your husband reaches into what he thinks is a box of frozen Christmas cookies and then freaks out at you. :emb:
LOL! Something similar happened here except I was moving from Welland to Port Elgin and my parents were helping Mike since I was in PE. Got a call at work from Mom panicky wanting to know why there were rats in my freezer and should she pack them in with the food.

handmeafish said:
I just stumbled across this... Thought I would share.

http://www.ratdippityrattery.com/MemorialItems.htm

They look nice... cuddly, soft, and formal looking...

I wonder what that outer fabric is that they used? it says they are fleece blankets but that outer fabric looks like a satin or something....
very fancy.

I personally wouldn't spend $10 or more for something that is going in the ground; would rather put the money towards the living...
doesn't mean I don't love my deceased pets any less, just a matter of different priorities.
I do like to wrap them in fleece and put something with them that was special to them in life, but that's more for my benefit, not theirs.

I got a bunch of burial blankets/pouches or whatever you want to call them, made up, just need to get a camera to work so I can take photos. :panic:

handmeafish said:
I take it back... Apparently I didn't look through it enough!!!
Some of the things on that site are kinda weird, fyi

yeh I thought the "lets take a plastic container with a lid and call it a casket for a rat" kinda um, yeh........ :shock:

not a big upgrade from your basic shoe box "casket" and not environmentally friendly, either.

the blankets look nice, I'd like something like that for a lap blanket for me and my grandkitty who watches tv with me :giggle:
but I can make one a lot bigger for a lot less $

handmeafish said:
I take it back... Apparently I didn't look through it enough!!!
Some of the things on that site are kinda weird, fyi

That rattery is my ultimate on my UGH List. I have "reviewed" them before. and its very upsetting. I would never buy anything from that woman in the first place, but I prefer organic burial shrouds and no "casket". Let them go back to the earth.

Back