Very wet girls part

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bati

Sometimes my girls (or many of them) are really wet on their private parts, it looks like they've been in a shower, but only on that part. Should I worry or are they just doing it for fun? Have had them to the vet but he says it's them playing

It's both old and young (down to 4 months), it's happening at random but when it happens it's almost all of them at the same time, they are 20 together. No signs of illnesses otherwise, just find it strange and a bit disgusting

Are they all on the pee schedule at the same time? I'm sure that sounds like a dumb question, but when I go in and wake my larger herd up to come out for playtime everyone goes and pees before they come out. So sometimes the ladies have a wet bum if I catch them in midstream.

Maybe I should take a pic, it's not just a 'wee pee', its a rather large area, walnut sized, and it's soaking wet. They have an ok big cage, they have bottles (and I haven't noticed any troubles with the bottle, the vet suggested some sexual activity, I do have 3 neutered boys in there (and they are not wet), but I haven't noticed the boys being involved

I highly doubt sexual activity but not unheard of.

So there's no spot in the cage that is very wet, that the girls could be making a puddle in a corner and getting a huge area wet?

No puddles, I use a thick layer of bedding and there is no chance of a lake anywhere, I've never seen the neutered boys showing any interest in the girls which is why I don't get it (and the amount is too much, and it's more water than anything else)
If you have any ideas what to look for / what to tell vet to check let me know

Back