Vaginal bleeding.... :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnmjenn

Oh, this can't be good! Debbie is bleeding (bright red) from her vagina. :( I checked as well as I could with her sqirming and struggling. So far, her appetite, mood, and energy seem normal. She has had one litter with the breeders we got her from. Never had any problems. Was not bred until she was about 6 mo old. She will be 1 in March.

Hoping to get her in to the vet tomorrow... we're lucky... we have a vet who sees itty-bitties right around the corner. I'd still like to hear from any of you, though!

Are you sure it's Vagina, when Olivia had bleeding we couldn't tell whether it was from that or the urethra. Vet is an excellent idea. It could be a UTI or something more.

It could be nothing too much to worry about. Baytril could clear her right up. If it's from the bladder, it's probably and infection, if it's from the uterus, could very well be a tumour in which case a spay would fix her up.
Keep us posted!

I have had that occasionally. A little bleeding and its gone even before I can get the meds. Never recurs either. I am glad to hear Debbie's did clear up :) Keep an eye on her for the next while though just in case. :mrgreen:

Back