UTI in rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Olivia had it she was sluggish, didn't really want to do anything, and bleeding from her urethra. However Hazel was still somewhat active when she had one, but groomed and groomed herself and she was bleeding from her urethra as well.

Is there blood? Blood is the main symptom. If you're concerned, take them to the vet.

They may flinch when you touch their bladder or belly. They try to pee several times and barely anything comes out. There could be pus or blood or both. They generally will puff up and stay in a corner very quiet, that's a sign of pain.

apparently there is a strong smell in the urine too.

Are you sure your girls dribbling isn't just normal? I always thought it was only boys who 'marked' but my girls do it too

I never noticed them dribbling before, btu all 4 are doing it ... is it contagiuos? ..they still come out and run around, no pain or blood

Both Rhys and Rose had UTI's not at the same time though. Rhys was pretty normal acting, with the exception of him bleed from his privates.

Rose was a whole different story, I never saw the blood coming from her I just found a complete explosion of blood in one of their tunnels and later found her curled in the cage alone, rather poofy looking and lathragic (sp?). I wasn't sure she was going to make it, but with meds she came right back!

Back