*URGENT* Nervous bunny looking for a home - Nova Scotia

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarah

A friend of my mother in law's got her 12 year old daughter a bunny named Checkers. Turns out he is very nervous and because of this they are deeming him aggressive. They are giving me a chance to find the little guy a home before they go to have him PTS. He is very cute and just needs someone willing to work with and socialize him.

His name is Checkers and he's six months old.

Please respond to this or message me if you can offer this little guy a second chance.

428324_414201801990003_950023018_n.jpg

I'm glad he found a home, it's really too bad people don't do their research before getting an animal.

Rabbits are by nature nervous, people expect them to be as easy to handle as cats and dogs and when they're not they dump them. If you have contact with the new family, you can suggest to them they neuter him if he isn't already and that they house him in something other than a cage - a condo, a dog x-pen, a 4' long dog crate would all be better. Cages with plastic bases tend to make nervous rabbits even more nervous/territorial. Another thing to keep in mind is that you should try to never pick up or try to pet a rabbit in their cage unless they enjoy it - the cage is their territory and it should be their safe haven. Wait until they come out on their own to clean it or handle the rabbit whenever possible.

victoria said:
I'm glad he found a home, it's really too bad people don't do their research before getting an animal.

Rabbits are by nature nervous, people expect them to be as easy to handle as cats and dogs and when they're not they dump them. If you have contact with the new family, you can suggest to them they neuter him if he isn't already and that they house him in something other than a cage - a condo, a dog x-pen, a 4' long dog crate would all be better. Cages with plastic bases tend to make nervous rabbits even more nervous/territorial. Another thing to keep in mind is that you should try to never pick up or try to pet a rabbit in their cage unless they enjoy it - the cage is their territory and it should be their safe haven. Wait until they come out on their own to clean it or handle the rabbit whenever possible.

I don't know who took the rabbit unfortunately. He belonged to a friend of my mother in law, and my mother in law sent us a message today saying that he found a good home. Hopefully the little dude is in a much better home now.

Latest posts

Back