URGENT IN NS-Cat and 6 newborn kittens need a foster home

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakthenight

My sister works at a recycling plant around Halifax, NS. She just found a litter of newborn kittens who have been born behind the equiptment. She is confident she would be able to catch the mother though she is a stray so she could continue nursing them. This is urgent because with the heavy machinery the kittens are at high risk as soon as they become mobile, if not earlier. Many kittens have died at this facility because of this. These kittens need out TODAY. Many of the kittens have already been spoken for when they get old enough, so homes should not be an issue. There are three females, three males- four tabbies and two tortoiseshell. PLease, if anyone knows of a foster home for these babies please speak up! They need help urgently!

The cat they suspected could have been the mum is feral and has been missing apparently. I am going to evaluate them. It is possible given where it is that they are more kittens "thrown out with the trash". Ive been in contact with vets as well as a local rescue who raises kittens and spoken with the lady who does so.

From what I have heard, they can't find the mom.
They think she may have died as stray cats around the site are often killed by the machinery.

What SQ said is accurate. It is also apparently not uncommon for people to throw out kittens in the trash, as that happened about a month ago, luckly that kitten found a good home and was old enough to eat solid food.

Back