UPDATES!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairebee1

Ok alot of updates on my lone male novo!

I got 2 healthy boys from a breeder 2 weeks ago.
I quarantined them for a week then this week i intro'd them to novo and WOW he accepted them right away he groomed them, he started popcorning and they followed him around the floor.
Then as novo was geting quite scared in the bathroom floor i decided to move to our bed because novo knows there and see how he would react and the exact ssame he groomed them and then 2 days ago.. he fell asleep on the bed ontop of them!!! and they where all bruxing.
I felt so bad having to put novo back into a seperate cage, but im still scared incase novo will react different to them in a cage, he might get food agressive or might now want them in the same cage.
But hes been brilliant with them, never showed any signs of stress or agressiveness!
But the babies are still very shy when they come out they stay in the one place and try to run to the nearest darkest place so i need to work with them abit more.

So i have a question,
Tomorrow we are thinking of cleaning a cage out top to bottom and putting all 3 in together do you think he will be ok?
Should i wait a little longer?

What do you guys think??

Thanks xxx

Oh wow! I'm so glad Novo took to the boys right away. What a sweetheart. If on familiar ground Novo is acting all normal and loving, I would go ahead with the cage scrubbing and then adding the boys. Keep a close eye on them for the first few hours.

Back