Update on nervous rattie! HELP!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellybee

Well, I thought her being with camilla would help but this morning when i was getting ready,
I heard a squeek and than it happened again, she must have done 20 laps in the cage/ gone into the little house and started running against the wall :( when she stopped i calmly took her and borrowed my brothers hoodie, shes in there now and is still a bit stiff.
I know this all new for her but, me and my bf have never seen this happen, has it happened to any of you??it would help to know if someone whent through this and what they did.
I'm not too sure what to do at this point, ive talked to darkblade and we are both confused as to why it seems to happen randomly...
advice???? :panic:

My Moose would do that, almost like a huge panic attic and start running wildly all over the cage, hitting the bars too.
It only happened a couple of times but each time, when he was done, exhausted and limp, I thought he would die in my hands so I would hydrate him... We were always careful with him, never made sudden noises or movements around him.

how did you deal with it?? did you do anything specific that worked??
its just bizzare because she does this after seeming completely okay and normal grooming camilla, and she actually comes up to me when i get near the cage or talk to her or stick my hand in.
I made my room extra quiet for her and doing noise patrol when my brothers are loud but im scared she'll hurt herself, and like you said
jorats said:
each time, when he was done, exhausted and limp, I thought he would die in my hands
thats what i feel like when she goes stiff, i always check her breathing, it scares me to death :(
what did you do that helped?? or should i just wait it out?

I didn't do much except try to watch my movements around him. But it seems to have gone away once I added him to a bigger cage with more buddies. I just don't know what can be done. :(

I guess I'll just follow my gut lol
but thanks for trying, means alot ^^
I think shes improving a little, giving her some treats and doing the hoodie bonding, hopefully she wont have a bad episode :/

You might try talking to the person you got her from to see if she was like this before you got her or if her siblings act like this. That would at least let you know if it is something new that just started when she was separated from mom and sisters, or if she has been nervous all along.

I was thinking of doing that actually, yeah I think I will.
When I whent to get her I picked her up and she was quite jittery, the womans boyfriend told me "shes adventerous"
I'm not sure if he was using that word to "mask", but I've been talking to her and she usually comes up to me but than hides again. She licks my fingers when I let her smell me, she just seems to have problems being handled. Also I havent seen her get any bad "panick attacks" all day, she had a little one this morning but it wasnt that bad and she didnt go limp or anything, I think camilla was being too hyper and overwhelmed her but she was fine. I wont give up on her though, I'll just keep trying, shell come around eventually. Still waiting to do itnro with franky i dont want to push her theres really no big rush.
I think shes getting better though, ill keep updating on her, I hope I can take pictures eventually, it wouldnt feel right doing it right now shes still nervous and scared so it would feel wrong to capture her if shes feeling that way :/
But i will say she is adorable, and yes shes a siamese dumbo :heart: .

Back