Update on My Lilly. Both Lilly & Teddy at Rainbow Bridge

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujubeespmud

Saturday evening I spent time with my ratties as usual, and I noticed that Lilly's health was declining even faster than I really expected. I believe she had a pituitary tumor; she wasn't able to hold onto food very well and her balance wasn't right. She started with some wheezing symptoms too. I held her for hours into the night and around 4:50 am I placed her in a little box on top of a nice comfy fabric and laid her by my side while I slept with one eye open. I cried so much my eyes were swollen. I knew I had to do the right thing for her, so I took her to the vet yesterday (Sunday) and had her pts. :cry: I also was dealing with my only boy rattie, Teddy Bear, who was showing signs of respiratory distress. His extremeties started to turn blue. I knew he had to be pts as well so he would not suffer. I learned a lot about rats through my Teddy. He was my biter. But no more, He stopped biting a long while ago and learned to trust me, and in turn, I learned how to handle a difficult rat. He turned out to be ver sweet. I cried endlessly yesterday. I hope I can get through today, my first day back from a week off of work. :cry: Julie

I'm so so sorry :cry: Such a hard thing to do even when it's the only kind thing you can do anymore. I know how hard it is losing 1, I can't imagine 2 at once.
You're a loving mom, I hope your heart is doubly comforted remembering the good times with your babies and their joy in the life you gave them.
I expect Lilly & Teddy Bear are chasing each other across endless fields of flowers.

Play happily little ones.

Back