Unsocialized Rattie..involves poo

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melon_mayhem

Im having issues getting socialized with my new rat Izzy i bought her so that my 2 1/2 month old rattie Emma could have a friend. Well Izzy is much less friendly then Emma and she fear poops on me all the time! She does okay when Emma's around when it comes to free ranging on my bed but for the most part she just hides when i want to hold her.

She does let me hold her but she always seems tense and uncomfortable. :(

Is there any way i can get her to trust me more so that Izzy and i can have a relationship like Emma has with me?
:wallbang:

Fear pooping is normal but the more you take her out and socialize the better she will get at it.

I always recommend the down the shirt trick. Put on a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt over top and put the two girls in there for at least 30 minutes... do this several times a day if you can. This will make her bond to your smell. Offer treats to her in there too.
This always works with my scared rats.

Thanks for the links SQ

jorats said:
I always recommend the down the shirt trick. Put on a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt over top and put the two girls in there for at least 30 minutes... do this several times a day if you can. This will make her bond to your smell. Offer treats to her in there too.
This always works with my scared rats.

So i should have both the rats out when doing this technique?
If this is the case the only problem with that is that my Emma is rather outgoing with me and often is very affectionate while Izzy will just sit in my shirt and stay in one spot..will this make it hard for Izzy to bond with me or will she see it as an encouragment? :?

Back