UNACTIVE RAT

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flinkylolaandtassy

I have three female rats Flinky, Lola and Tassy anyway Flinky and tassy are more active then lola.
Is there such a thing as a lazy rat or are they all more or less the same shes what u call lavender or lilac colored and the other two are hooded black and greyish would this make a difference or no kinda paranoid first time rat mom

Hi Flinky!

I know how you feel about being a paranoid first time rat mom. I was a first time rat mom back in 2007, and after having rats all this time, I STILL get paranoid about little details with my rat kids! It just means you care, so that is a good thing, right? :thumbup:

Some rats are lazier than others, absolutely, but there are some basic things to look at too, such as, does Lola otherwise seem fine healthwise? Is she eating and drinking fine? Does she groom herself/her sisters, seem bright eyed, good coat, no runny poops, etc? Just a few things to check on. In other words, do you see any "red flags" that might hint at anything aside from just being a lazy girl who likes to lounge around? One of my boys is a definite lazy lounger, big time.

So, how does Lola seem aside from being less active than her sisters?

There are definitly different personalities in rats. my one boy Quiten is supe rlazy and fat he jsut liek sot sleep and lounge and eat haha

Like the others have mentioned it may be a personality thing. I have 4 rats and one of my girls is very lazy and likes to hang out in the igloo most of the day but at night she a secret wheel runner. As long as your rattie isn't showing any other weird behavior that may concern you it may be that she like mine just likes to chill and laze around lol.
It can be hard to distinguish their behavior patterns when you first get ratties but you'll soon get to know each ratties personality.

Thanx everybody no otherwise everything about her is fine her fur her eyes her nose alll seem to be alright no red flags :joy:

But my girlfriends rat as really spikey fur and it feels kinda hard what could that be

lover of all rodents including rats :heart: you flinky lola and tassy

Back