UK Rat Color question

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldsGal

Ok so on TV the other day they had a rat that they were using to teach elementary school students with. The show was on the BBC so it was definitely a UK rat. This rat had the most amazing colors ever. It was what I would consider to be Cinnamon in color. I do not believe the color was ticked at all like an agouti. The color was solid and it was either Cinnamon or a very dark fawn. But the kicker was that I swear that rat had a nose and butt smudge.

Is there such a thing as a Siamese Cinnamon? If there is I am in love with that color. It was a gorgeous rat.

It could have been burmese, or triamese, there are some very dark ones over here, the triamese points are huge and seem to just merge together with a bit of darkness at the tips and the middle is darker than usual... I'll see if I can find a picture for you!

Here's a burnese... was it anything like this?
bridgerb1204.jpg

Here's a triamese
298.jpg

And here's my girl Jiggs, a himilayan... this pictures old though, her points seem to have faded now! Apologies for the crap picture, but it's off my phone.
picture.jpg

I think burmese is very 'in' in Britain at the moment (or maybe I've just stumbled on them lately), got one from a Danish breeder but I'm still waiting for the points, but the good ones are very beautifull!

I think it was Burmese. I didn't even think about that color as it is not seen very much here. However, the points were very dark and stood out prominently. The rat was absolutely stunning with it's color.

Back