Ugh, Wilomena is just MEAN.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CardboardCastles

So, I took in one last baby from a friend who held her in QT for me.

So now I'm doing slow intros.

But after every slow intro session, Wilomena is like psycho-b-word rat to the maximus.
She literally attacks my sleeves, arms, hands, whatever she can reach, it doesn't make a difference if I change clothes and wash hands either.
She did the same thing when I started intro'ing Bella (RIP) I dunno what to do. She's nasty to the baby (new baby is Wicket) and she's nasty to me.

Ideas, suggestions, ratty xanax, anything at this point is much appreciated.

Oh man... I would have her spayed but still no guarantee that it will change her. It might soften her towards you though.
When does she attack, in the cage, outside the cage, when you reach for her, when you just sit by her...
How long has she been in her current permanent home with you?

I'm trying to figure out her place with you? Surely it's not what it looks like - a girl you've had a while who is always good with you until you intro someone new and then she goes berserk on you & them?

She goes after me in the cage, when she's out, I'll think she's ok for a minute, and she'll come climb on me like she's going to cuddle and then bites the absolute s**t out of my stomach from under my hoodie, or, like she did this morning attacks my neck and ear from my shoulder.

I've had her since July. She's still fairly young. But its like any little change turns her into Mr.Hyde.

I want my Dr. Jeckyll back!

So she's just like that all the time? Wow. Little she-devil, eh? I don't envy you that but bless her heart. And yours. And god protect your various parts. You might want to take that task on yourself in case he's sleeping when she's awake. :wink:

So sorry about your girl. I had one like that and after her spay she settled right down and became a love. It's worth a try.

Back