Two new girls ***update - PICS!!!***

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristyR

We are total suckers for cute little ratties. Yes, yes, I know, pet store rats bad! We have sworn off pet store rats for many reasons... but you know... when you're there, you gotta at least LOOK, right???? Well, there were the two CUTEST little baby girls, and well, we just couldn't go home without them. :wink2:

So they are in quarantine now, doing great so far. Very friendly, bright eyes, active, eating and drinking well, no wheezes or sneezes thus far.

That brings the girl total to 8, and the grand total to 18. Just two more girls and we'll have the same number of boys and girls!!!! No no! No more rats for awhile.... well, unless we find ourselves being suckers again!!! Ah! I just can't help it!!!!

Pictures of the new baby girls coming soon!!! BTW, their names are Ava and Bree (or maybe spelled Brie - Erin thinks it is cute to spell it like the cheese for a rat's name... we'll see.)

CongRATS!!

When I got my numbers way up there, it really didn't seem like much adding a couple more. lol
Temptation is always a killer. :lol:

We need pics!!

Aw I can't wait for piccy's. We went to PJ's pets in Barrie last week and they had baby blue dumbos. So well handled and lovable. We wanted so bad. They were $24.99.

I know eh? Every time I go to town, I beg the hubby to let me go into the pet store to look, lol! He sometimes gets annoyed since I never buy, but I love watch the rodents, and the kittens, and the ferrets :lol:

Whats sad is my co-worker just went to pets unlimited and got a dumbo, I didn't even know they had them, lol.

I live a block away from a pet store...it's BRUTAL. Though it does happen sometimes, lol, you find love at first sight. ;)

P.S. I also named a rat Brie, one of my current two. :lol:

I also have a wonderful Brie, its a great name to singsong and she knows it and bounces when I call her name. :D

I have a nasty tropical fish store about a 7 minute walk away. For some reason they started breeding feeder rats. :( I pass by it on the bus every day and turn away. Poor little beggars :(

Sorry I made you all wait so long for pics of the cuties.... work, ya know.

W-Bree-01.jpg

This is Brie....

W-Ava-01.jpg

...and this is Ava.

Ava is definitely the more curious of the two. Brie is happy just to stay in the little house in the cage, but is VERY sweet once coaxed out!

I can't wait till quarantine is over so I can start introducing them to my other girls. I've been amazed at how easily the girls have taken to having new cagemates so far.

Ah, gotta remember to go change my sig!!

Back