Two girls getting Spayed

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dahlas

I have two girls going in on Wednesday to get spayed...I'm very worried about it. What kind of recovery period should I expect? I was thinking should I keep them in their own little cage the first night and then put them back in with sisters and mother the next day? Plus I’m starting introductions to their brothers on Tuesday....would you just leave them out of the introduction for a few days or postpone intros all together until the end of the week?
I hope they bounce back as quickly as the boys did.....

When my girls get spayed (2 are going in on Tuesday) I keep them in their carrier for a couple of hours and then I add them to their main cage.
Since your bubs are so young, I'd go ahead with intros but I'd give the spayed girls a day to recover before putting them through the intro.

Good luck!!!

Thank you so much......

Jo ......... How did Sarah and Fleur do? Who are you getting done this time? I think I'm having Tilly and Maisie done this time.......
Are you nervous Jo?....I'm a wreck all ready....

Fleur and Sara were amazing once... almost like they didn't get done. Silly Fleur wanted to run the wheel that same night.

I'm not nervous right now, but Monday night, I'll have that sick feeling and it will stay with me until Tuesday at noon when I pick them up. Julia and Noodle are going in.

I hope they do as good....I hope my darling little Tilly and Maisie bounce right back...They boys did great...I kept them in a small cage tell the next day but you think it is okay to put the two spayed girls back in with their family before bed? They would probably mind being just the two of them in a cage alone...It was better to get all the boys done at once cause even thought they were in a smaller cage they were all together.......

Give your girls a kiss from me.... we will be thinking of them.

The least amount of stress is what I want. My boys are pretty easy going as long as they are together or with me...They are used to going to the shelter to visit and being in a cage their so they didn't seem to mind being in the smaller cage but I think the girls would mind not having their siblings and mother...they always sleep all together....on the hammock or in the bed...I hardly ever see two go of by themselves and sleep. So I will put them back in their own cage before bed......thanks

Back