Two females and three males, Dartmouth NS - My ad

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarah

There will be an add posted on Halifax Kijiji shortly that belongs to me.

I was living with my boyfriend, but we recently split and he left. I've had to pick up a second job to afford my apartment and this leaves me with next to no time for the rats. I wake up at 6, leave at 7 and usually don't get home until 7pm or later. That gives me enough time to eat, shower and get to bed to be up 6 the next day. And it's really not fair to them.

I really don't have any family around who I could stay with, and friends and co-workers I've asked about splitting rent and rooming together have either been turned off my the rats or don't want to move out of their place.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that this ad is me. Obviously it would be fabulous if someone here would take them in, as I know they'd be in very good hands. That would make me feel a little better at the very least.

Please don't flame me. It was hard enough to deal with my boyfriend walking out and leaving, and now to worry about what I'm going to do with these guys.

I probably won't be back on this site very often. As I mentioned I'm pretty busy now. So if anyone has any questions or could make room in your home and heart for them, please contact me via email.

[email protected]

Here is the ad, if there's anything you think I could ad to better it, please send me an email:

Sadly due to some unfortunate circumstances I am having to find a new loving home for my three male rats, and two females.

They are all great rats, very friendly and love their mix of frozen/fresh veggies each day (along with their lab block of course). One of the girls is a little stand-off ish, but she'll get used to you with time and handling.

I would like for you to come visit them first, and having experience with them is a must.

None are spayed/neutered so they must go to separate homes. Groups must stay together.

I have one cage that's divided into two. So unfortunately I don't have a cage to go with them. If one group goes first and the cage goes, I have nowhere for the other group. So you must have an appropriate cage for them, and I'll ask for a photo before they go home.

Sorry if it seems strict, I just want to make sure they all go to good homes! Email if you think you would like to take them home.

Ash, Rory and Badger:
DSCN0690.jpg

Josie:
DSCN0601.jpg

Ava:
DSCN0608.jpg

Oh, I am so sorry about everything you are going through!
I sincerely hope that one or two people on this forum will be able to make room for Tarah's wonderful little ratties.

You may find this info helpful:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=29447&p=406447#p406447

Just so you are aware in case you can not find good homes,
It is less then ideal but rats will do ok as long as they have friends, a big cage, toys, good food, vet care etc.

:hugs:

SQ said:
Oh, I am so sorry about everything you are going through!
I sincerely hope that one or two people on this forum will be able to make room for Tarah's wonderful little ratties.

You may find this info helpful:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=29447&p=406447#p406447

Just so you are aware in case you can not find good homes,
It is less then ideal but rats will do ok as long as they have friends, a big cage, toys, good food, vet care etc.

:hugs:

I know they'll do okay. It's just really sad how they're becoming more timid the more I cant handle them as much.
I want whats best for them, and unfortunately it's not me at the moment.

I am very sorry....I wish I could help but I am at my max...I did have someone looking for two babies...I will see if they are still looking and send them your way.

Dahlas said:
I am very sorry....I wish I could help but I am at my max...I did have someone looking for two babies...I will see if they are still looking and send them your way.

Thank you Dahlas. I appreciate it.

Hey, was just wondering if they're spayed or neutered & then I read more of your ad. Do you know how much it is to spay there? I've heard it's cheaper in your area. I'm not really looking for more but think a girl or 2 would be good for my Jackie. He's neutered but I have other intact boys so no long term intact girls! lol

NinjaRatMama said:
Hey, was just wondering if they're spayed or neutered & then I read more of your ad. Do you know how much it is to spay there? I've heard it's cheaper in your area. I'm not really looking for more but think a girl or 2 would be good for my Jackie. He's neutered but I have other intact boys so no long term intact girls! lol

I'm really not sure. But I was advised by some on here that there's no good vets in Halifax/Dartmouth.

Tarah said:
If need be I'm sure I could get an Acadian Bus to Truro/New Glasgow/Antigonish.
I just read this & thought, the strike is over finally? But then I read on their website that it's only been on for PEI & NB! Son of a... lol
Good luck finding your girlies' a new home! :D

^ Thank you.

It's heartbreaking how timid they've become. They really need someone who can spend the time with them that they need.

Please please please email me if anyone can offer my babes a good home. They really really deserve it.

Tarah im looking for fosters to take in to keep my Ben company until he passes. I lost Nicole yesterday and hes not doing well by himself. I could foster your girls for you until he passes but i cant keep them for myself because i cant have any of my own. The stress of losing them and worrying about them is making me physically ill. If this helps please let me know

Back