Turners Rx-nasal polyps....

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry's_mum

Talked to the vet today, and she feels he has nasal polyps, but feels surgery isn't an option.
So i've started him on Pred. and baytril today, and we'll see how the poor duder does...
he's eating and moving around as much as an older man would, but, it's just SO sad....

so, wish him luck! and thanks for all those who helped us in this nasal mystery....

:hugs:

yeah I guess the way it works is, when he gets the bleed, it's really the polyps bursting, which would explain why he doesn't bleed ALL the time right?
Anyhoo, he had day one of meds...
I snuck it to him in a banana muffin, he likey :cheeky:

poor boy, he had a bad bleed last night... He usually doesn't mind when I help him clean up the blood, but tonight he wanted nothing to do with me at all...
he kept pulling the cloth out of my hand and putting it on the opposite side of the cage....
He's resting comfortably this morning, and i'll give him his second dose later today...

Turner is no longer up for adoption, he'll spend his time here in his forever home with moi :wink2:
Hootch will start intros to the newb, Chance, who was surrendered to me last night... That way they can go together when they're adopted out!

Keep thinking of my sweet boy Turner....
:heart:

Awwww ... poor Turner, but glad he's gonna spend the rest of his days with you! Fingers crossed the meds will help. :praying: Sending lots of kisses his way!

Back