Trouble putting FN single together! EDIT

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazylicious85

We've gotten most of the cage together, but one side isn't level so the side panel hole doesn't match up with the back panel hole where you screw it in. Should I just call and have them send me a new side panel, or is there something I'm missing? :help:

It's assembled :) I am so glad my friend, Lawrence, could figure it out. It wasn't a big deal, one of the bars had to be taken off so we could get the side panel on, no biggie! I was so worried I was going to have to get them to send me a new side panel.

PS. rattie_lover is my sister, Melissa.

We've switched the panels on either side, flipped them both upside down to see if that would work and all the holes align correctly with the others except for that one. We think maybe the hole in that particular side was just drilled in the wrong spot, but I don't know, we took a break because it just caused us to argue. (Us = me, my mom, and my sister)

One of mine had a flaw ("square" hole for inserting next level wasn't really square, and the metal was too hard to bend). Luckily we could flip it somehow and found a solution, but I was worried for a while.

SQ had a defective part on hers. The company was quick to replace it, but she had to wait a week for it to arrive in the mail.

A break is good. When I put mine together, I was cursing up a storm. lol

Try and look over your instructions again and check it over.

I showed my friend, Lawrence, what we were having trouble with and he just flipped the whole cage upside down and took one of the bars off that we had already bolted & then we bolted the side panel, it lined up perfectly - that did the trick! LOL I felt like an idiot, but oh well! We put the bar back on it and finished the rest of the directions. Now it is completely assembled & ready for our new ratties (in a few weeks)!

The worst part was putting those little black covers in the squares in each corner (on top of cage). I was banging a screwdriver against it so it would pop in and then i hit my pinky on the side - I think I've dislocated or broken my pinky (hopefully it's just bruised, but it's very crooked LOL). Leave it to me to get hurt doing something so simple. :roll:

Trust me, putting together an FN is not simple. Each time, I've ran into problems and put things on backwards too.

Yay it's all done up now! But poor you and finger. :(

yeah it definitely wasn't the easiest thing I've put together, but I love it! I'm glad I didn't get the double, I don't think I could stand putting one of those together, the single was annoying enough as it is!

I can't wait to get my babies :D The breeder is going to contact me in a couple weeks to let me know what genders & colors the new babies are. Once they are weaned, we will go by and check them out & if they sound & look healthy, we will bring a couple home :D

Back