Toy;s Help ???

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairebee1

Ok i live in the uk/Northern ireland and i have a freddy 2 cage which i hate.
You can;t really put much into it.

So i was wondering if you guys could tell me what i could add to my cage as there aint many toys for my boys!
Heres a picture of it.
STA60017-1.jpg

STA60016.jpg

Even if you could tell me where a could get cheap toys in the uk :( i really am desprate for them.

I get lots of bird toys. The wood ones that hang as well as the rawhide toys. My girls love the rawhide toys. You can get paper clips so that the toys can be hung on the wall long ways so they are more accessible since the ceiling is high in your cage.

It's funny, I could spend so much money on toys and in the end, all my rats LOVE their free toilet paper tubes the best! Sure it doesn't look fancy or glamorous but I've seen them fight over who gets to chew on it.

A box of tissues
Toilet roll with treats inside and blocked with tissue
Egg boxes with a veggy treat inside
Ropes are brilliant :joy:
Small loaf of whole meal bread with a whole cut out of the side so they can dig and burrow
Apple hung from cage by string through core
toilet roll suspended from cage so that they can pull all the sheets off overnight :)
Hand full of seeds (hemp, safflower and linseed - Acrorats Breakfast Sprinkles : )) mixed into the substrate at the bottom of the cage after clean-out day
Walnut in shell

Oh and visit Acrorats.... :laugh4:

I <3 paper bags. Legs cut of of jeans, juice bottles, old hats, cardboard boxes, socks full of food hung from the ceiling, are all pretty nifty. Making stuff out of fleece adds a lot of colour. Pipe cleaners are good for hanging stuff as they're bendable and sturdy, but if your rat chewed on them it'd be dangerous. Dapper Rat is also a god site, probably stole some ideas from them. (I wonder what's changed in the year I haven't visited... hmm?)

Back