Too Happy To Leave

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

Normally when Wayne and I are home we will open both doors of our cage. The rats like to climb up to the top and the best thing is that they don't escape. We always close it before we leave. Well we went out yesterday for 2 hours and forgot to close the cage. I got home and started to panic when I realized what we had done but all was well, all five in a rattie pile. 'Hey mom what's the fuss, leave? are you nuts, we like it here'

Sorry I didn't take pics. My lighting in my livingroom sucks as we are in the basement.

Funny :lol: I've had that happen, I was in a hurry (Coffee runs are an evil thing :twisted: ) but had to say goodbye to my boys and when came back the cage was open but they were sleeping soundly :roll: my cat Sophie was in the room but was also sleeping :shock: (she could care less about them but still...) Silly squishies :wink:

I always forget to close the door on my 2 older boys cage. I have 3 cats and not one of them has ever tried to harm a rat. My Izzy does have a habit of climbing into the cages to sleep with the rats though. Go figure! Darcy chased on of my rats and bit her tail last year. She turned around and chomped Darcy right on the toe and now he pretends he doesn't see them! Haha! I love my cats too!

The worst that's happened so far is that one of my rats went missing for a couple of days. I finally found him sleeping in a box of old teddy bears. I haven't told my daughter yet, lol. Usually they make their way to the laundry and ventilate a few of my towels and shirts. Nice and cool for summer! :roll:

Back