tiny girl/watery eyes

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewa

hey everyone,
lately i have kind of been worried about Sasha. She doesn't seem to be gaining weight or growing. Sophee has gotten huge but Sasha stays the same size and skinny. Also, her eyes are always a little watery. Do you think this is bad , or is it just the way she is?

Well i am not a vet thats for sure. Why not get it checked out? local vet or something by the sounds of it. it doesnt sound to good though sorry to hear

Few questions: how old is Sasha? Are Sasha and Sophee from the same litter? Has she been eating and drinking normally? and the watery eyes, is it clear 'water' or is it red (dont be alarmed if its red!) or another colour?

Well, Sasha and Sophee are not from the same litter. Sasha is about 5 months old , maybe 6. The watery eyes are just normal color. You know when a person looks like they are going to cry? Like it wells up , that's what she looks like. Like she is always about to cry. It is sad :sad3: but so friken adorable! :wink2: She is always drinking , and she eats fine. She prefers drinking over eating though.

Some rats are naturally smaller. My Nessie is over 2 years old and she weighs 249 grams. As for the watery eyes, my mom has a rat like that but doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him.

Well, this is good news. I kind of thought that it was fine because Sophee isn't sick so that means Sasha isn't contagious.

Back