This really sucks

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

Everyday I (stupidly) look online at craigslist, kijiji and the shelter sites to see what is going on with the rats. I really have to stop. Almost every week I see someone threatening to throw rats in a bush or use them as snake food unless someone adopts them. Someone is now selling hairless rats for 15.99 (wow, like what is with the .99 cents?). And of course, there is someone threatening to throw rats in a bush in Ajax.

It's really starting to make me depressed. I wish I could find homes for all of these rats. :(

I know what you mean Melissa. Now that I'm full up and can't take anymore in, I simply have to stay away from those online sites. :(

I've found a trick. When I go on Kijiji I look at everything else first (furniture, baby stuff, dvds) then when I get to the animals I don't want to read it.

Plus I'm cut off from animals.

I've stopped looking at online classifieds and rescue sites altogether. I'm maxed out, and I can't lead myself to take in any more animals (of any kind). The thing that kills me is that I've been wanting a Border Collie puppy for ages, and there are always pups being sold on Kijiji. I have to wait, so even though its hard not to look, its something I find better. There will always be homeless animals, and people who threaten them harm (whether by releasing into woods or feeding to snakes), and it just drives you insane when you read it :(

It is a horrible, horrible situation. Like so many others here, I am at my maximum so I just don't go to places where I am going to see those posts.
You can't take them all in and you are going to just get frustrated and angry trying to educate people to take them to shelters and whatnot.
I even dropped off all the freecycle sites that still allowed animal posts, I am only a member of the ones who don't permit them.

OK...Is Kijiji a canadian craigslist or something??

*googles*

oooo...another craigslist thingy site! woohoo!

Back